Leadership Adventure Weekend
The information below was for our fall 2015 LAW. Information regarding our next event will be available in Spring 2017.
All GPP youth and adults are invited to join us for Leadership Adventure Weekend! Make plans to join us for a weekend of leadership development, teamwork, friendship and fun! Activities include low ropes challenge course, zip line, climbing wall, campfire, professional development workshops and free time.
Registration will be announced later at which time additional information about the event will be available.
To see photos from our past events, please visit our Facebook page!
All student participants must complete and have a parent/guardian sign the following three forms in order to attend the weekend:
- Code of Conduct / Code of Conduct Spanish
- Medical Information and Release Form / Medical Information and Release Spanish
- Georgia 4-H Enrollment Form
Students who do not have these forms will not be able to stay at the center or participate in events.
All adult chaperones must complete the University of Georgia’s volunteer screening process which includes a background check and online training. Adult paperwork is due October 16th.
Steps to complete the UGA screening and training process.
- Complete the Volunteer Application
- Complete the Volunteer Agreement
- Complete the online Volunteer Training, take the test, print out your score and sign
The Volunteer Application also includes a Motor Vehicle Check for adult volunteers who will be transporting students. Each volunteer must provide three references (included on application). Volunteer applications, agreements, and completed signed tests should be sent to Laurie Murrah-Hanson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Volunteer applications and agreements are due TBA.
For more information regarding the University of Georgia’s volunteer policies, please visit the Georgia 4-H Volunteer Website.
- Promotional Flyer
- Promotional Video
- Adult Planning and Preparation Guide
- Adult Roles and Responsibilities
- Tentative Schedule Fall 2015 LAW
- Packing List
- Frequently Asked Questions – Parents
- Frequently Asked Questions – Students
- Directions to Fortson 4-H Center
- Informational Letter Template